Over the last few years and it seems even more so lately, many of you and others in my life have told me that I have somehow inspired them. It seems to be spoken to me more when I am really struggling than any other time but that is besides the point. All that means is that in the last few weeks, I have been told that ALOT…
and it has me wondering….
What does it mean to be inspired?
What does it mean to inspire others?
So of course I consulted the Google and the Online DIctionary and this is the given definitions of the word Inspire.
v. in·spired, in·spir·ing, in·spires
1. To affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence.
2. To fill with enlivening or exalting emotion: hymns that inspire the congregation; an artist who was inspired by Impressionism.
a. To stimulate to action; motivate: a sales force that was inspired by the prospect of a bonus.
b. To affect or touch: The falling leaves inspired her with sadness.
4. To draw forth; elicit or arouse: a teacher who inspired admiration and respect.
5. To be the cause or source of; bring about: an invention that inspired many imitations.
6. To draw in (air) by inhaling.
a. To breathe on.
b. To breathe life into.
1. To stimulate energies, ideals, or reverence: a leader who inspires by example.
2. To inhale.
Then I began thinking about my life and what I want it to be about. I want my life and the sharing of my story to make a difference. I don’t simply want to fill others with an “enlivening or exalting emotion”. I mean that is all good but for what purpose is just a feel good emotion?
I would much rather have my life be something that stimulates action, that motivates. Something that breathes life into the world around me. Something that brings forth change…
So with that said…if I have somehow inspired you with my story, with my struggles and my victories…what am I inspiring you TO? What changes are you making for your own life? How are you encouraged to press into your own life circumstances? It doesn’t have to be related to weight loss either, because I know not all who read my blog have ever struggled with weight. But in all seriousness…if you have ever told me that I have inspired you…tell me how…
Because to me….to be inspired means that change is happening…for the better!