I have been in a weird place this past month. Part of me is scared poop-less that this time is NOT different and yet I know that is just fear talking because I can SEE the signs that say it IS different. The signs are not just theory or thoughts either, they are the real deal physical universe things, like Crazy Kate’s visit. Or like wanting to run the complete opposite way of the direction I have been heading and yet not running. I may not be moving, but I am not running either. I am standing in the moment, feeling everything there is to feel and acknowledging its place in my life.
I have also found myself in a place of wanting to justify or rationalize Crazy Kate’s visit (which I hope you all picked up on the clues, that I do not have a twin, Kate is me!) I have wanted to pull that blog post so many times since hitting “publish”. I didn’t realize until tonight when I received an email response from Aaron, that in asking him (for probably the 3rd time) what he thought of all of that situation, I was really expecting judgment. He said this: If what is behind your question is wondering what judgment I may be placing on you because of that then rest assured that there is no judgment. You are wading through serious stuff and as I’ve said before there are forces that do not want to see you wholly healthy and will use whatever dirty tricks possible to derail you. This is a long road you are on.
It made me stop and think and realize that part of my fears in having this post out here in blogland is the possible judgments you all may have of me and what happened. Judgments about my faith and where I stand on that. Judgments about my ability or determination to lose this weight, but most of all, judgments about my sanity! I know I am not crazy. I know that there is a lot going on as I move forward on this journey. And, having it all out here, is an incredibly vulnerable feeling. But that is ok. Vulnerability never killed anyone!
I have many fears as I continue to walk this out.
- Crazy Kate, might come back from time to time- So be it. She ain’t got nothing on me!
- 64.8 lbs is all I will ever be able to lose, I will never break through to 65+ lbs-if that is the case, then I won’t gain back what I have lost, I will be proud of this journey and I won’t give up trying.
- this journey is going to require more trust and faith than I think I have in me- likely true, but I know the Source of all Trust and Faith and I will just get more as needed.
- this journey is going to lead me to greater risks than I have ever known. That it will take me beyond myself.- While scary, this also sounds exciting.
- That God is after the control I keep taking back from Him, and He means to have it and hold onto it.- I have a death grip on this control thing, but ummm I don’t think I can win against God. He seems to always get what He wants, no matter how long it takes. He is kind of patient like that!
I also have many hopes for myself as I continue to walk this journey out
- I am not alone- God is always with me and when I need Jesus with skin on, He has provided me with some of the best of His creation to journey with me…and they don’t seem to be tired yet.
- I feel! – There was once a time, not long ago that I would have been considered a leper. When Jesus healed the lepers in the Bible, he gave them their ability to feel back. When they could feel, they could look at and fix the area that needed fixing. While painful and overwhelming at times, I am so incredibly thankful to feel.
- this journey is not my own.- While this blog is certainly about me and my story, whichever one happens to be impacting me in the moment, there is a bigger picture being painted and I am not the artist!
- WHEN I lose this weight, it will be forever, because I am taking the time to address what gets in the way now! It might be a slower process than I had hoped for or would like, but I would rather it be this way, than to lose and gain it all back!
- While my abuse seems to have had the most significant impact on my weight loss efforts and seems to be the thing I talk a lot about, THAT is not all of who I am. There is so much more to me, and I look forward to discovering THAT girl as I continue this journey. (Thanks Aaron for pointing that out to me!)
Ultimately, I am me and you are reading because either you LIKE me or are simply fascinated by this life of mine or can somehow relate to my life. For whatever reason, you are here because you choose to be here, so you get what you get…Crazy and all!
But for the record, I am NOT crazy…I just had a crazy week…and I will likely have more of them…so stick around if you want, I am glad to have you on the journey!